Sunday, January 2, 2011

Product Review

So, have you ever heard raves and great reviews on a particular product that you have KNOWING that the product does not work for you? And you still want to make it work? You think, maybe I'm spraying too much/too little, maybe I'm applying it the wrong way, maybe Im using the wrong products with the product I KNOW is a complete FAIL for my head...
Such was the case for me with...*drumroll please*.... Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer!!
   
I kept trying to make this spray work for me for about a month....the label promises that "Regular use on porous, damaged hair adds body, helps prevent breakage, controls frizz and helps preserve hair color and chemical services." My hair is not damaged, but I figured adding it to my hair regimen couldn't do any harm. One of the key factors with natural hair is maintaining a protein/moisture balance...if your hair has too much protein, the excess protein will not be  "extra strength" but instead will cause your ends to snap like twigs. How do I know this?? I noticed ~ 1/8 inch pieces of my curls on my fingers when I would manipulate my hair for twists or other styling.
To remedy this, I have stopped using the product first of all. What works for others may not work for me :) Also, I cowashed and deep conditioned my hair with Yes To Tomatoes conditioner this afternoon. I made it work for me by mounting a colorful headwrap on top of the unsightly plastic cap as I made my Sunday afternoon errands. :) Once I rinsed out the DC, I lightly dusted the ends of my two-strand twists with some barber shears from Walmart just to make sure my ends were good. If you don't trim the ends when you see the ends snapping, the breakage just continues up the hair shaft and causes permanent (and unsightly) damage. Better to just get it out of the way :) My hair was about due for a trim anyways lol I used to get my hair trimmed professionally with a blow-out and flat-iron, but  stopped once I found that I could trim my hair with my staple twists in and avoid heat damage all together. :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...